Inside Easy Social Share Buttons for WordPress you have several locations you can setup social networks – global for site, for a selected position, post type, mobile device, plugin integration. All those settings are loaded in provided order. For example if you setup a specific list for entire site inside global settings and choose a different list for the top content position you will always see the top content position share buttons. That option is made to provide a maximum flexibility when setting up the share buttons on site.
Setting Global Share Buttons for Entire Site
The global share buttons are those that will always appear if you do not have a personalized settings. Those buttons you can set in Social Sharing -> Networks.
Inside the global list of social networks you will also see when a position based settings are running. In the list of positions you have a checkbox option that will make if active also an update to the position networks settings. Here you can also set the social networks order that will be used on entire site for any position. The default mode is the user provided order but you can also change to be based on number of shares.
Setting Social Networks for Display Position
As we mention above Easy Social Share Buttons for WordPress has an option to setup custom network list that will be used on site for a selected position. To do such change you need to visit Where to Display -> Position Settings -> <Position You Wish To Personalize>. To make possible selection of networks you need to activate at first that you wish to have a personalized position settings.
When position settings are set to Yes you can choose a separate network list just below the style setup.
Setting Social Networks for Mobile Devices
A different list of mobile network options you can set only in the Advanced Custom Mobile Display & Positions mode. To do this go to Where to Display -> Mobile and follow the instructions below.
Setting Social Networks for Post Type & Plugin Integration
The setup of social networks for post type is very rear used but it is available as option inside plugin. The setup is pretty much the same like setting up social networks for position. The only difference is that options you need are located in Advanced Settings -> Settings by Post Type.
The setup of plugin integrations is used to personalize buttons when you are using hooks from Where to Display -> Plugin Integrations. Here options work again like position settings but they are located in Advanced Settings -> Settings by Plugin Integration
Additional Network Options
The additional network options are available for a few networks. With those additional options you can control a specific function of the selected network. Those options are located in Social Sharing -> Networks -> Additional Network Options.
Below you can find a list of networks with related to them advanced options:
- More Button: you have fields to change icon, style and mode of the more button used to display extra networks. The options for more button are also available in network settings for position, post type or plugin integration
- Share Button: you have fields to change icon, style and mode of the share button used to display extra networks. The options for share button are also available in network settings for position, post type or plugin integration
- Twitter: for Twitter you can set the default username that will be included automatically in the Tweet as via, default hashtags. You can also set to convert post tags as hashtags and activate Tweet optimization if you have a long titles of posts.
- Facebook: allows to activate Facebook advanced sharing option running using application ID. That mode is not required for normal work but used for specific situations
- Facebook Messenger: if you plan to use Messenger on desktop (not only mobile devices) you need to setup Facebook Application and enter its ID inside the field here. Without that ID the Messenger button will not function on desktops
- WhatsApp: you have option to activate usage of WhatsApp web API interface which will allow usage of button on any device. Without that option set to Yes the button will work only on mobiles
- VKontakte: you have option to force send of all share details. This option should be activated only if you have a problem and the shared information to VK does not appear as expected
- Pinterest: you can change the mode of Pinterest button for here. The default mode allows to Pin any image from site. If you choose disable Pin of any image plugin will share just the featured post image or custom image you set (you will have option if option is set to Yes). You can also activate the default Pinterest save any image button (included from Pinterest site)