Social followers counter is a module of Easy Social Share Buttons which you can use to show social profile buttons and the number of followers on each of the chosen networks.
All options of the module you can find in the Followers Counter menu.
Those are the global options of the module. The reflect over the used networks, the update of the values, etc.
- I will not use Followers Counter widget – when enabled, the module adds widgets to show the followers counter on site. If you do not plan to use those widgets, enable the option (for better performance).
- Data update period – that is the period of refreshing the number of followers. The default option is one day but you can change that to smaller or greater value. On most of the sites, 1 day is good enough. If you use a cache plugin on your site then don’t set an update period that is smaller than the cache expiration.
- Number format – that is how the user will see the value of followers. The first two options will show the full numbers but with a different delimiter. The last option will show a short value. If you have for example 1500 followers you will see 1.5k. As there is a dynamic of the followers on each of the social channels we recommend to use the short value instead of full. If the short value is used a small change will not reflect and can’t be seen by your visitors. Most of the social networks (like YouTube) start to migrate short value of followers/likes instead of full to keep good social proof of their users.
- Allow custom user values of followers – you can see under settings of each social network having a field to set custom number. For very few where social API is not available the value will be always taken. For those with social API, you need to enable the option if you wish to see your manual value. The manual value of followers will always appear when the real value is smaller. But if the real number of followers becomes greater you will start to see it instead of the manual.
- Clear stored values on settings update – inside the plugin, there is protection over your social follower values. The plugin will not show or store value if it is lower than the last update. In this case, if you receive a dramatic change in the followers the new value won’t show (or if you test with an account that has a bigger fan base). In this case, you can enable the option here. On each, save of the settings plugin will wipe out the current number of followers and you will have a fresh update, bypassing that protection.
- Social Networks – select from the list networks you. Only networks that you mark will appear as setup in the additional options. In the list using drag and drop you can change the order of the appearance.
Additional Network Settings
To receive the number of followers for each network you need to do an additional setup. The fields you can find in the Followers Counter -> Networks menu.