Sharable Quotes (a.k.a. Click to Tweet) are a good content sharing engagement component for Twitter. With Easy Social Share Buttons for WordPress, you can include such quotes anywhere inside content using shortcode or page builder element (WPBakery or Elementor).
The general setup includes options that will be used for all quote blocks on site. Those options you can find in Social Sharing -> Click to Tweet.
- Default @username – this will be the default Twitter username that plugin will automatically append to the Tweet if nothing is specified in the shortcode. If you are using just one (example: site username), you can set it here for faster quote building.
- Default #hashtags – this will be default hashtags that plugin will add to the quotes if nothing is provided in the shortcode.
- Hide on mobile – this will automatically hide all quotes on mobile.
- Automatically include the page link – this option will automatically add the current post/page link to the Tweet. If the option is enabled, the plugin will not check the Tweet content for any custom links.
- Default template – set the default template for the entire site. You are able to choose a different template on the quotes shortcode too.
Adding Sharable Quote Inside The Content
The easiest way to add a sharable quote inside content is by using the dedicated shortcode inside the plugin called
[ sharable-quote ]. If you are using WPBakery Page Builder or Elementor you will find a dedicated element for this too.
You can prepare shortcode using the plugin shortcode generator which you can access from:
- The Shortcode Generator menu inside plugin settings
- Using the WordPress admin top bar menu where Shortcode Generator is also accessible
- On post/page editing using the plugin Shortcodes Button
You can also find below the shortcode with all available options:
|user||Username to mention in TweetTwitter username without the @ symbol|
|hashtags||HashtagsIn this field the hashtags list is added without the # symbol and separated with comma. Example: hashtag1,hashtag2|
|url||Share URLOptional value if you did not provide URL in the Tweet|
|via||Don’t include username in the TweetPossible values
|usehashtags||Don’t include hashtags in the TweetPossible values