Post Type Selection
The function is located in Where to Display -> Post Types.
The types you choose will be used for automatic share buttons’ display. But they also will be used for automatic share functions assigned. The share functions include the capability of optimizing share messages, customizing Tweet and Pin, customizing social media tags, etc. Even if you don’t plan to show automatically share buttons you may need to choose the post types to get access for modifying these values.
Hint! If you plan to integrate the share buttons manually (shortcode, custom display, function call, etc.) you still need to choose the post types where this will happen. On the position menu just need to choose a manual display for content.
- Lists of articles (blog, archives, search results, etc.) – the option allows adding the automatic share buttons’ display on the list of article pages. Note that content display methods are not suitable for this.
- Homepage – the option allows adding the automatic share buttons’ display on the homepage only when it is a list of latest articles. If you are using a static homepage that is not necessary.
Deactivate Share Buttons Display
- Exclude automatic display on – exclude buttons on posts/pages with these IDs. Comma-separated: “11, 15, 125”. This will deactivate the automated display of buttons on selected posts/pages but you are able to use the shortcode on them.
- Deactivate buttons displayed on the homepage – exclude the display of buttons on the home page.
- Deactivate share buttons on mobile – this option required server-side mobile detection. If you are using a cache plugin or you have a cache on your host the detection may fail because most of the caches does not store separate desktop and mobile version. If enabled and mobile device detected it will completely remove the share buttons on mobile.
- Hide content share buttons from archive pages – the option can be used to remove content share buttons, automatically assigned in the excerpt of posts in your lists of articles. This will not remove the website display methods you have chosen in the positions.
- Hide content share buttons on the homepage – the option can be used to remove content share buttons, automatically shown on the homepage. This will not remove the website display methods you have chosen in the positions.
- Specify URLs of pages or posts where share buttons will not appear – the option will deactivate only the share buttons. All other plugin components will continue to work. One per line without the domain name. Use (.*) wildcards to address multiple URLs under a given path. Example: /profile/(.*)
You can also use Advanced -> Deactivate menu to completely disable the plugin on specific parts.
Deactivate on a Single Post / Page
On each post, page or custom post type where the plugin will show share buttons, you can see a meta box value to disable the automatic share buttons display.
Was this article helpful?
Was this article helpful?