Easy Social Share Buttons for WordPress support two types of mobile display: Mobile Optimized and Responsive mode (legacy mode). The main difference is how those methods of display work. Responsive mode is used to change design of elements based on screen resolution – that makes on site to have initially loaded all versions and code require to run them. The mobile optimized display works on server side level. That mode detects what type of device browses the site and displays the exact setup and optimized for it – that makes mobile optimized display to be more flexible, with highly optimized code for any device and works faster than responsive design.
The mobile optimized display is activated by default in Easy Social Share Buttons but if you use outdated cache plugin or solution that does not support separate mobile caching you can activate responsive design mode (read how you can activate mobile optimized display with most popular cache plugins). Responsive design mode can make normal desktop buttons work together with mobile optimized display methods when resolution of screen is changed.
How to Activate Responsive Mode
1. Go to mobile settings of Easy Social Share Buttons found under Where to Display ->
2. Scroll down at the same tab and activate Client Side Mobile Detection (Simple Responsive Mode) and turn on all the options that will be shown after the activation:
- Width of screen – control the mobile responsive break point. Default is 840px but you can enter your own value
- Hide read blocking methods – this option will ensure that read blocking methods like Sidebar, Pop up, Vertical Float, Fly In and etc. will remain hidden
- Hide all share buttons on mobile – this option will ensure that every share buttons that are not part of the mobile displays will work. Use it with caution as it may prevent any share buttons to appear on desktop
- Control mobile optimized displays – this is the most important option that is required to work the responsive design